New Delhi: Aadhaar Seva Kendras, setup to purely deliver services related to Aadhaar, also have online appointment bookings similar to that for Passport. The organised system has impressed Twitterati, who took the platform to appreciate the quick services offered by these centres. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has retweeted one such appreciation post from a user.
‘Try online appointment at Aadhaar Seva Kendra near home. This is similar to Passport Seva Kendra and very well organised with tokens and waiting chairs. Have visited one to change mobile for my daughter and was pleasantly surprised to be out in 20 minutes. Very impressive! ‘, wrote the user.
Other users replied agreeing to the impressive and quick services at Aadhaar Seva Kendra if you take appointment and visit.
Whether applying for a new Aadhaar card or to make any changes in your existing one, you don’t need to stand in bank or post office queues as the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has opened online appointment booking facilities.
How to book an appointment for Aadhaar Seva Kendra online?
- To book an appointment, visit www.uidai.gov.in
- From the “My Aadhaar” drop-down menu option and click on “Book an Appointment”.
- Select city and location from the drop-down menu. Click on “Proceed to Book Appointment.”
- Provide your mobile number and an OTP will be sent to you for verification.
- Submit Aadhaar details and personal information.
- Choose a date and time of your choice.
- You will be provided with a booking appointment number.
- Aadhaar Seva Kendra is similar to that of a Passport Seva Kendra. There is a token system wherein the applicant first needs to get a token and then move ahead to a ‘verifier’ for document checking. On completing verification, the resident shall move to ‘cash counters’ for payment of charges. While enrolment is free, any update in Aadhaar details will be charged with a fee.
- There are operator work stations assigned to the applicants and the movement of the queue via token number will be displayed on screens.
At present, the following Aadhaar services are available for users:
- Fresh Aadhaar enrolment
- Name Update
- Address Update
- Mobile No. Update
- Email ID Update
- Date of Birth Update
- Gender Update
- Biometric (Photo + Fingerprints + Iris)