Have you quit or left your job? If yes, this is an important information for you. The Employment Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has been allowing its members to update the date of exit online.
Timely update of details like employer, date of exit, reason for exit, etc allows EPFO members to continue with the same account even when one joins a new organization after a gap.
It can be noted that the date of exit is updated when the contribution from the employees and employers is stopped. It can only be marked two months after the last contribution made by the employer in the provident fund account of an employee.
Follow the below given steps to update your date of exit –
1. Visit the website – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
2. Login with the Universal Account Number (UAN) and password
3. Go to Manage and click on Mark Exit
4. Click on Select Employment drop down menu and select your provident fund account number
5. Enter the date of exit and reason of exit
6. Request for OTP and enter the OTP sent on your Aadhaar-linked Mobile number
7. Tick the check box which says – I have read the below points carefully
8. Click on ‘update’
Now, you will find a pop-up message on your screen saying –“Date of Exit updated successfully”. Click on OK button to complete the process.
How to verify if ‘exit date’ is updated or not
1. Click on ‘Date of Exit Seeding History’ tab
2. You will find a list of all the employers with details such as – date of joining, date of exit, etc.