Driving a vehicle in India without a driving license is considered illegal. For this reason, as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, driving license in India is mandatory for all persons driving vehicles on Indian roads. In such a situation, if your driving license is lost or stolen along with the purse, then you can get a duplicate driving license from the same RTO that issued your DL. You can also apply for duplicate DL online or directly at the RTO (Regional Transport Office) without any hassle.
Documents Required for DL
-Application form LLD, which is for intimation of loss or destruction of driving license and is an application for duplicate driving license.
– File an FIR if the driving license is lost or stolen.
– Mandatory to give details of license. Along with we should have a passport size photo, age proof and address proof like Aadhar card.
How to Apply Online for Duplicate DL
- First of all go to the official website of Transport Department https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/.
- Select the respective state.
- Click on “Services on Driving License (Renewal/Duplicate/AEDL/Others)” from the “Driving License” menu.
- After that the application form has to be filled.
- Then click on the Proceed button. After that take a printout of the form.
- Visit the RTO on the scheduled date with original documents and fee slip.
- After 30 days after the completion of online process of driving license, duplicate driving license will come to your address through post.
Fee for DL card
The fee for obtaining a duplicate or reprint of a driving license is Rs 200 and if you need a smart card, the total revised fee is Rs 400 as per Rule 32 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules Act, 1989.
Apart from this, you can also apply through offline mode. You have to go to the RTO that issued your initial driving license. Get a Form LLD – Application for Duplicate Driving License, fill the form correctly and submit the form with your signature.